Building Collaboration: The Steps to Make it Real
Collaboration is a buzz word around many global firms who are trying to harness the talents of their worldwide organization. Before spending a dime on IT or Maturity Assessments, here are some tactical steps to succeed:
- Create a collaboration office to catalog, prioritize, measure and coordinate the multiple collaboration projects already underway by IT, Communication, Facilities, Innovation, HR, Marketing, and others.
- Create an overall roadmap with entry points that are quick to deploy and realize benefits quickly.
- Evaluate and manage risks and costs to drive benefits quickly.
- Accurately assess business readiness for collaboration across the global enterprise.
- Develop consistent ROI measures to evaluate competing projects and efficiently allocate resources.
- Educate stakeholders on how to harness collaboration to benefit the enterprise. Drive buy-in and excitement and identify organizational resistance.
- Drive out new policies that balance collaboration with security and regulatory goals.
- Deliver lasting results.